5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
Most American’s are spending the majority of their time at home. As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 outbreak, we may be home for a while. With so many out of work, what can we do for free while at home? Here is Together We Rise’s list of top 5 FREE things to do while you’re home.
1. Read E-Books or Magazines
The best free things inspire and help you grow. That is why our number one choice is reading. If you weren’t aware, the library offers tons of free e-books and magazines. We have also compiled a few sites that offer royalty-free books and magazines. Now is the time to finally start reading some of those classic novels that you neglected to read in high school. Better later than never!
- Project Gutenberg
2. Video and Computer Games
Now that people are home, video games are a fun activity that can be done with other people or alone. Video games can be rather expensive so we sourced a few that are free on PC and some for PS4, Xbox, Switch, or even mobile platforms. Don’t get too carried away here.
- Fortnite: Battle Royale
- Apex Legends
- Call of Duty Warzone
- League of Legends
- Star Wars: The Old Republic
- 27 more free games from GOG
3. Video Chatting
While this may not be exactly how you imaged hanging out with your friends in the year 2020. Video chatting is a great way to see people while practicing safer at home initiatives. Here are some free video conferencing sites to help you connect with friends and family.
4. Music and Podcasts
One of the easiest ways to past time is by listening to music or a podcast. It is great to relax to or to use in the background as you deep clean your house for the third time this week. Check out some of the following streaming platforms that offer free music and podcasts.
- Sirius XM (free until May 15, but it will automatically renew at the regular rate of $8 per month unless canceled by that date). For more info, read about the SiriusXM free offer here.
- Podcasts for iPhone
- Google Podcasts for Android
- Amazon Music HD (free 90-day trial, but it will automatically renew at the regular rate of $15 per month unless canceled by the end of your trial period)
5. Distance Learning Sites
With all this extra time, maybe you can use it to help your kids learn something new. There are tons of free sites on the web to help you learn a million different things. This is our favorite out of our list of 5 FREE things to do while you’re home. Check out some great sources for the whole family.
In conclusion, there are tons of different ways to occupy one’s time. We hope our list of the top 5 FREE things to do while you’re home offers you a welcome distraction. For those looking for at-home volunteer work, check out our Safer At Home Service Projects.
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog