Bikes for Foster Kids: Team-Building with CIT!
Together We Rise’s base of operations is in Brea, California; though we host service projects across the country, sometimes the best events are just down the street! One local team building activity was hosted by Beckman Coulter Diagnostics, a company that delivers information to doctors so they can provide better patient care. We were excited to help them to build bikes for foster kids with our Bike Build program!
At Beckman Coulter’s Bike Build team-building project for charity, 15 incredible volunteers were more than ready to help. The engineers used their technical skills to help assemble the bikes in no time! The volunteers had a blast putting them all together. They attached the pedals, wheels, and handlebars to “testing them out” by riding the bikes around the office. The service project was hard work. They kept their spirits up the entire time, going out of their way to make sure everyone was having fun.
By the end of their team building activity, the volunteers at Beckman Coulter had built 10 bikes for foster children. We donated all the bikes to Orange County Children and Family Services. We had a fantastic time, and we hope that our volunteers did too!
To learn how you can help build bikes for foster kids, click here for more information about Bike Build team building events, and click here for more details about team building events in California.
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog