Day 10: Celebrating In Style in Detroit
For our 10th stop, we headed to the oldest city in the Midwest, Detroit. In fact, we hosted our event on Detroit’s 212th birthday!
A big thanks to the Ennis Center for Children for providing us not only youth for our event, but a great big parking lot for our venue.
The Together We Rise team had high hopes for the Detroit event, and we were excited when a bus full of foster youth arrived from Matrix Human Services. We were happy to hook everyone up with some new clothes and a hat of their favorite sports team. When the bus left, the kids shouted out a big “Thank You!” in unison. It’s really moments like these that warms our hearts and makes all of the hard work worth it!
We also received a lot of positive attention from the locals in the area. Many people stopped by to check out what was going on and to learn more about the great things Together We Rise does for foster youth.
After yet another successful event, the team enjoyed lunch in the city at a great pizza place. One of our very own then got a portrait drawing done by a local Detroit artist!
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- Helping Children in Care…Because They Matter
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog