Famous Dave’s Dinner for Foster Families
Last Tuesday, November 11, 2014, while most of us were enjoying a day off, Noel Pantoja and the staff of Famous Dave’s Restaurant in Redlands, California were busy at work hosting 20 local foster families for a delicious barbecue dinner.
There was no shortage of sauce-stained smiles as the kids enjoyed their barbecue party, complete with family, food, and balloons! A few Together We Rise staff even stopped by to join the fun. We arrived just in time to witness the kids’ excitement as Pantoja presented each child with their own Sweet Case. The personalized duffle bags were full of fluffy plush toys, cozy blankets, activity books, crayons, and themed dental hygiene kits.
Amidst all of the excitement, Gianna was able to chat with Noel about the inspiration behind this event. “ To see children without family is heartbreaking,” He continued, “Our team [wanted] to become more involved with the community, and I automatically thought of doing the cases for Together We Rise.” Pantoja and his girlfriend, a former foster youth and TWR volunteer, are currently in the process of adopting their niece.
We are so thankful for Noel and the Famous Dave’s team for hosting awesome events to recognize local foster families. With the holidays right around the corner, help give back to your community by organizing an event with your company. Click here for more information!
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog