Fort Lauderdale Foster Kid Charity
‘Twas the night before the spree, when all through the air
not a creature was stirring, not even Bear.
The luggage was placed on the carousel with care
In hopes that our flight soon would be there.
The children were nestled all snug in their beds,
while visions of shopping sprees danced in their heads.
The Together We Rise crew landed in Florida at last.
We had to get ready and we had to be fast.
The next morning, we woke full of glee
And got to work prepping for the shopping spree.
We headed to H&M in the Galleria square
Ecstatic to help kids in foster care!
Volunteers arrived for registration
barely containing their joy and elation.
35 foster youth arrived shortly after,
And the cold air filled with chatter and laughter.
The giggles turned to hoots and hollers
When we gave each child 100 dollars.
Every kid was paired with a volunteer
To help them shop (and spread holiday cheer).
Kids tried on jackets, pajamas, and shoes
They hopped with excitement just like kangaroos!
Siblings reunited, kids shopped til they dropped
And through it all, the fun never stopped.
We thanked everyone for their assistance
Then left for the airport to travel the distance.
They heard us exclaim, ‘ere we took to the skies
“Happy holidays from Together We Rise!”
If you want to get involved with upcoming shopping sprees, click here. To read about our other shopping sprees, click here. You can learn more about other charity events in Florida here.
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- 12 Years of Helping Kids in Care
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog