Foster Care Birthday Boxes with AIG!
In the Big Apple, anything is possible! Together We Rise traveled to New York, New York to help our longtime partner AIG bring foster care birthday boxes in a team-building project to the East Coast. We fought through rain, wind, and snow to get to the Marriott in downtown New York City, but it was well worth the trip!
We gathered up over 100 volunteers from AIG to help us with this massive team-building activity. Our mission was to build 100 Birthday Boxes for kids in foster care to help them celebrate their birthdays!
Once the volunteers checked in, they got to work coloring in the Birthday Boxes. Everyone added their own personal touches to the balloons, cupcakes, and party hats on the box, making each one special and one-of-a-kind. After we finished decorating the boxes, we folded them together and filled them with all kinds of fun stuff. Each box contained a birthday card, candy, toys, candles, party poppers, a color-change, and so much more! One AIG employee recently adopted a child and was super excited to be able to give back to foster youth.
At the end of the event, we thanked everyone for helping us improve the lives of kids in foster care. All 100 Birthday Boxes we built and decorated were donated to a local foster care agency to help brighten some children’s lives. We may have had frozen noses after this team-building event, but we definitely warmed some hearts!
Click here to see more team building events in New York!
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog