JetBlue – Foster Children Charity Swing for Good
On October 3rd, Foster Love - Together We Rise partnered with JetBlue to host Swing for Good, a foster children charity golfing event to raise funds for kids in foster care! Over 400 golfers and donors came out to Bethpage State Golf Course in Farmingdale, New York to participate. Whether they got eagles, birdies, or par for the course, they still made a positive impact on a foster child’s life. Many companies donated as part of a philanthropy program or team-building event for their employees, with JetBlue as our biggest supporter.
This was certainly a unique charity event; not only did donors get to putt around on three different golf courses, but we also served them a refreshing Minted Mexican Mule in between holes, so they had time to relax and recover from the stress of the game. Golfers got to chat with each other about foster care and golf, giving each other tips and pointers on how to improve their swing. We also held an exciting champagne pop-off challenge, where the winner received a bottle of fine wine to celebrate their victory!
All in all, everyone had a blast. By the end of Swing for Good foster children charity event, we raised over $250,000, all going directly towards our service programs like Sweet Cases (duffle bags full of comfort items) and others designed to improve the lives of kids in foster care! We are extremely grateful for the incredible turnout, and we can’t wait to see everyone out on the course again next year. This event is certainly one we’ll never FORE-get!
For more details about other team building activities in New York, click here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth