Foster Youth Organizations TWR Needs Your Help to Win $100k
Foster youth organizations Together We Rise has been selected as a finalist in Toshiba’s Technology Makeover Contest as a part of Toshiba’s 2012 campaign of “Helping the Helpers“. Toshiba will replace our current office equipment with leading-edge innovations that will make our lives, and the lives of those we serve, better. It’s down to 5 finalists, so every vote for Together We Rise counts.
Here’s how you can cast your vote:
- Go to facebook.com/ToshibaForGood
- Select our charity (Together We Rise) from the 5 finalists
- Come back EVERY DAY to cast a vote until the contest ends.
Voting ends on March 9, 2012. The Grand Prize winner will be announced on March 12, 2012, in San Francisco.
What will we use the office equipment for? We need equipment to help us contact, create, and sustain our site. The phone systems will help us reach out to thousands of group homes around the country regarding the resources available to foster youth. The computers will help us research information online. The printers will help us send out flyers, posters, and mailers to group homes across the country when updates or changes in the law occur on a national and state level. The equipment will be used for so much more at Together We Rise and we are extremely excited to compete and help advocate for foster youth children nationwide.
If you would like to join our team and help us win this grant, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. To find out ways how we help out our community, make sure to visit us at https://www.togetherwerise.org/how-we-help/
We did not win but we got 2nd place. Thanks to everyone who supported us and Toshiba for giving us the opportunity to compete. We are still receiving awesome prizes from them!
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- Helping Children in Care…Because They Matter
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog