In-N-Out: Ways to Help Foster Kids
Living in Southern California we have access to some of the best food in the world. In-N-Out is no exception. On November 15th, we were ecstatic to host an In-N-Out team-building event at our headquarters here in Brea. We all had a blast working together for ways the help foster kids and to make a difference in the lives of children in foster care!
Together We Rise volunteers started setting up the event room early in the afternoon, getting plenty of tables, chairs, and even giant balloons that spelled out “In-N-Out.”
Once everyone arrived, we thanked them for their continued dedication to corporate social responsibility and for their own personal investment of time into making a positive impact.
All that speech-making and listening made everyone pretty hungry. Guess what we ate? In-N-Out hamburgers from the food truck before getting to work. 87 volunteers were there to participate in our Bike Build , Build-a-Board, and Sweet Case charity projects.
These team-building activities focused on assembling bikes, skateboards, and duffle bags. The duffle bags are for kids in foster care to help them transition from home to home.
In total, we built 5 bikes, 5 skateboards and decorated over 150 Sweet Cases for kids in foster care! BurgerTV interviewed our executive director Gianna about the event. She gushed about how wonderful it was that so many people came together to give back to the foster youth in their community.
We’re so glad that In-N-Out paid us a visit and we hope to see them again soon!
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- Helping Children in Care…Because They Matter
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog