Holiday Shopping Spree Help Foster Kids 2018
Brea Holiday Shopping Spree
Foster Love - Together We Rise’s mission is to improve the lives of children in foster care. One of our favorite ways to help foster kids and accomplish this is by taking foster youths on holiday shopping sprees.
To help foster kids, throughout December, we’re traveling all over the country to take foster youth shopping. Each child spent $100 on clothing and accessories. The tour includes Los Angeles, Austin, Fort Lauderdale, New York City, and many more cities. Our first stop, H&M in Brea, California. Just down the street from Foster Love - Together We Rise headquarters.
After months of planning, we couldn’t wait to bring some holiday cheer to our hometown! We recruited volunteers around SoCal to help us get ready for the big day. To ensure success, we all woke up bright and early.
Once everyone was checked in, volunteers were paired with kids to help them figure out what to buy. We provided breakfast pastries and drinks to help everyone power through the long day of shopping, and both the kids and volunteers enjoyed the snacks as they waited for the doors to open.
When the children finally got inside, their eyes lit up with joy. They realized they could buy practically anything in the store! Especially since H&M was kind enough to discount everything by 25%. With the help of TWR staff and our volunteers, kids purchased items for both themselves and their loved ones.
By the end of the shopping spree, more than 50 kids in foster care got to shop until they dropped, and it was an experience they’ll certainly never forget. Giving foster youth the freedom to buy their own brand new clothes is incredibly rewarding, and we would love for you to take part in it! You can sign up to volunteer for future shopping sprees here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth