Shopping Sprees for Foster Teens
Most of the charity events that Together We Rise hosts involve duffle bags or building bikes for foster teens and children. For the holidays, we kicked it up a notch and took kids in foster care on shopping sprees! This past weekend, Together We Rise took 50 foster youth to Rue21 to spend $100 on whatever clothes they wanted, and then we visited San Antonio to take more foster youth shopping at H&M! Volunteers came from all over Texas to make this incredible philanthropic event happen. We couldn’t be more thrilled with how it turned out!
With two shopping sprees in one day, we had to get an early start. 25 local volunteers from Austin helped us set up the shopping spree. The kids got to shop for themselves and purchase exactly what they want for the holidays. Rue21 gave them an additional 40% off, so they got to buy more than $100 worth of items. Some kids even bought 3 full bags of clothing!
At H&M in San Antonio, the kids also received about 45% off all items, which was amazing! They got $165 in items thanks to all the generous people at H&M that allowed this discount to happen. We also had children in foster care with disabilities come in to get clothing with their parents there to help them. Thank you to our volunteers, Rue21 and H&M for their support; this event couldn’t have happened without you!
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- Helping Children in Care…Because They Matter
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog