Team Building Activities with Disney VoluntEAR
Who Are Disney VoluntEARS?
Disney VoluntEARs are a group of Disney employees from across all of the company brands that aspire to help the community. The Disneyland public affairs website cites some of the VoluntEAR’s background.
In 1983, Disneyland® Resort Cast Members expressed a desire to form a team focused on providing meaningful service to the community. This idea soon culminated with the creation of the Disneyland Community Action Team. This dedicated group assisted many nonprofit organizations in Orange County, California.
The team achieved great success in their support of charitable organizations, and the momentum led to a company-wide launch of the Disney VoluntEARS in 1992. Today, Disney VoluntEARS work on meaningful projects across the globe, with a primary focus on communities where Disney business units operate.
Ready Set, Bike Team Building Activities
Together We Rise is a long-time partner of Disney and their VoluntEARS. For today’s team building activities, we worked with employees from Disney Studios, FOX, and FX. 40 people came together to get the team build going.
We divided the 40 people into three groups to complete the build of 80 bikes. For quality control purposes, we tested all the bikes by riding them around the FOX Studios lot. The test ride also helped us show off the solid work that everyone had come together to do.
Thoughts on Team Building Activities
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- 12 Years of Helping Kids in Care
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog