Donate Turkeys to Foster Kids and Families
Together We Rise is thankful for having great supporters who allow us to help so many children in foster care. The holiday season can be difficult for both children in foster care and their foster families. It is important that we continue to find creative ways to help foster youth across the nation. We wanted to help out and donate to foster kids and families.
The months of December and November can be increasingly difficult for children being introduced to the foster care system or those moving into new homes or group homes. There are obvious points of adversity that ring true regardless of the month but for the holidays it can be more isolating.
One way we can help is by providing food for a holiday dinner. In this case, we’re providing families with a turkey for a Thanksgiving meal.
This Thanksgiving Alan Ponce, from Ponce Ground Service, in Ontario, CA, helped us donate over 100 turkeys to foster families in Southern California.
Check out the video below!
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog