Volunteer Spotlight: Getting By With A Little Help From Our Friends
The world would be more awesome if more kids like Vinny and his friends existed. Vinny is a teenager from a local high school with the typical high school schedule: school, sports, and hanging out with friends. Unlike most high schoolers, Vinny also spends his free time signing up for volunteer opportunities to help children at Together We Rise.
Lucky for us, we hit the lottery when it comes to high school volunteers! Vinny and his crew dedicate their after school hours to come into the TWR office and help wherever they can, hoping for volunteer opportunities to help children. They spent an entire week putting in new hardwood flooring for the office, which gave us a fresh new look. Vinny runs errands for us and sometimes gets stuck in rush hour traffic but we’ve never heard him complain, yet. These boys are now the handymen of the Chino, CA office and step in wherever we need them.
No one told these boys that they had to help, they simply took it into their own hands to help out their community. These boys are an amazing addition to the team and help keep the morale up in the office. Everyone needs some friends to help them get by, even at Together We Rise. We simply can’t express our gratitude enough towards these boys for everything they have helped us with.
If you’re interested in volunteering to help out and support kids in foster care, feel free to visit https://www.togetherwerise.org/volunteer-opportunities/ and we can make a change together!
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog