An Adoption Story: Chosen
An adoption story: chosen.
Being adopted is not something that anyone should be ashamed of. Families all look different and that is part of the beauty. We are glad when adoptees reach out to us and share their own personal stories. Today Michael shares his adoption story with us.
Failure to Thrive
As an adopted child, Michael’s path was not the easiest. The CPS removed him from his biological mother in 1989 before his first birthday. He states that he “was living in foster care as a result of CPS titling me as failure to thrive.” On top of being in the foster care system, he also had health struggles involving food allergies which gave him anaphylactic reactions whenever he ate dairy and soy.
Light at the End of the Tunnel
Through this dark time, he finally found the shining light at the end of the tunnel three years later. He was adopted and found his forever family at the age of three. However, due to his health problems, his forever family had to patiently wait for him to get better. Being able to adopt Michael gave his forever parents the opportunity to have a family after realizing that they could not conceive on their own.
Michael is now 30 years old and he is grateful to have grown up with the most amazing people. He expresses that, “knowing that this family CHOSE me, is incredible. I don’t know where I would be without them.”
Thank You, Michael
Thank you, Michael, for sharing your story with us. We are so happy to hear how your family chose you. We’d like to think that all children who are adoptive are chosen, family.
If you can relate to Michael and have a similar story, don’t hesitate to contact us at Foster Love - Together We Rise and share!
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth