Foster Kids Charity in the Big Apple
Our friends at AIG invited us to their Manhattan, NY headquarters for an epic foster kids charity philanthropy focused team build. AIG is one of our longest standing partners. They have strong philanthropic values at the core of their corporate culture. Committed to doing the right thing for their people and the communities where they work, live and serve.
“We provide Volunteer Time Off to our global workforce, allowing them to provide hands-on support to the causes they care about most, and we donate over $6M each year through our matching grants program to nonprofit organizations our employee’s support,” AIG About Us statement.
Needless to say, we are always excited to do some good with AIG! After bracing ourselves for cold weather we flew into La Guardia. Once we reached the location we set up shop for a build of 100 bikes and 100 Sweet Cases.
AIG brought 83 team members for the build. Because there were more bikes than team members one team was able to build 11 bikes! It was clear that the teams put in a lot of love in their work.
When the build was over, the team’s joy and excitement carried on. They were so happy to be helping kids in their area. The donations went to Catholic Guardian Services and will be distributed to children in care throughout Brooklyn and the Bronx.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth