Building Bikes and Boards with Lotte!
Foster Love - Together We Rise loves welcoming volunteers into our Brea, CA office for building bikes, boards or our other programs. Whether we’re helping with Girl Scout service projects, community philanthropy events, or company team-building activities.
Luckily for us, some wonderful people from Lotte were kind enough to visit us. They participated in three different programs right here in our headquarters. Some of the Lotte team even came all the way from South Korea.
With Bike Build and Build-a-Board events, we assemble parts to create bikes and skateboards. The Birthday Boxes program has us putting together boxes full of birthday supplies to help kids in foster care celebrate their birthdays!
We cleaned up our event space to make room for 30 volunteers, ten bikes, ten skateboards, and 25 Birthday Boxes. Each skateboard and bike is a form of transportation for kids who need to get to school or work. They’re not only fun toys but also incredibly useful tools.
Birthday Boxes were created to help kids celebrate their birthday. No matter whether they’re with their birth family, foster family, or adoptive family. Each Birthday Box contains balloons, candles, birthday poppers, bubbles, candy, a color-change cup, a banner, a birthday card, and a crown, so every child can feel like they’re on top of the world on their birthday!
Everyone was super excited to help and learn more about the foster care system, and we were happy to work together with them to build bikes, skateboards, and Birthday Boxes.
If you’d like to get involved in your local community and want to learn more about Bike Build team building, click here, for Build a Board team building, click here, and for Birthday Boxes, click here. For more details about other team building events in California, click here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth