Black Lives Matter-Period
Black lives matter, period. We condemn racism in all forms.
Foster Love - Together We Rise is founded on the notion that when the community unites great change is possible. We believe that children have the right to grow up in safe loving environments with dignity. Children have the right to equitable educations, health care, and joy.
We are honored to serve black children of communities across this nation and will continue to fight for them. Children are our greatest asset and the discrimination endured by the black community can no longer stand. We will continue to speak out against the injustices suffered by the black community.
The Continued Heart Break
As we grieve the enormous loss of life, it is important to acknowledge the work ahead of us.
We challenge you during this time to elevate and listen to black voices on this matter. Be an ally in anyway possible. But most importantly, speak up when you witness these injustices. We believe that through education we can change minds and hearts.
Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality. -MLK
In solidarity with the black community we are going dark across our social platforms. Together we rise above the hate and injustices.
Our hearts broke over the systematic injustices endured by the black community. We leave you with this final quote from Dr. Martin Luther King and hope you too can speak in defense of black lives.
History will have to record the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people. -MLK
Thank you for continuing to support black foster youth.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth