A Bike Build- Corporate Service Project with Disney VoluntEARS!
It’s always great when we’re able to host charitable team building activities in Los Angeles. Disney VoluntEARS reached out to us to boost morale while also making a positive impact on their local community. Our programs are perfect for fun high-energy corporate team-building activities. So in June, we headed to Long Beach for a couple of fun-fueled days of giving back. Together, we built bikes for local children in foster care through our Bike Build program!
After we set up the staging area, several Disney VoluntEARS held individual building competitions throughout the day. Some small groups assembled more than 20 bikes as they attempted to out-build the other groups! During the team-building event, they worked together and built 400 bikes for local kids in foster care! Each employee felt empowered and humbled knowing that their service would allow many foster children to ride a bike for the first time.
Since we were at Disney, fun happened at all points of the day. VoluntEARS rode and carried countless bikes back and forth. Making the tedious work of hauling these two- and four-wheel gifts much easier. When the day was complete, our team had the mountainous task of cramming all the bikes into our trailer. There truly wasn’t room to spare after we packed everything up. We were all elated to deliver each bike to it’s loving home in the arms of a foster child. As a result of this corporate team building event, 400 foster kids within the Los Angeles, California area will be impacted by this team’s service. So thank you to Disney VoluntEARS for joining us to help better the lives of children in foster care!
If you’d like to get involved in your local community and want to learn more about Bike Build team building , click here. For more details about other service projects in Los Angeles, California, click here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth