Build Bikes for Charity at “I Am Ali” Festival
Most corporate team-building projects at Foster Love - Together We Rise involve groups or companies working together. Typically, to assemble duffle bags, skateboards, or build bikes for charity and children in foster care. Every once in a while, we get to work with foster families directly. The “I Am Ali” Festival is one of those rare special events.
Muhammad Ali is the hometown hero of Louisville, Kentucky. Every year since his passing, the local community hosts the 10-day “I Am Ali” Festival to celebrate his legacy as a global citizen, athlete, and humanitarian.
As a child Muhammad had his bicycle stolen, this moment impacted his life greatly. In his memory over 100 volunteers, police officers, and children in foster care work together to build 125 bikes. The day ends at the racecourse. Children could either learn how to ride a bike or go for a joy ride!
The children loved getting to ride around on bikes for the first time. They made memories that will last for a lifetime. In the days leading up to the Bike Build service project, where volunteers put together bikes for kids in foster care, there were also performances and activities from local arts and cultural groups that honored Ali’s giving spirit.
This wonderful event was successful thanks to the efforts of Benchmark Family Services, Maryhurst, SAFY, Uspiritus, Home of the Innocence, Omni Visions, Family Ark, St. Joseph Children’s Home, New Beginnings, Rescare, Kulima Care, and many more. It was truly a life-changing experience, and we can’t wait for next year’s festival!
If you’d like to get involved in your local community and want to learn more about Bike Build team building to build bikes for charity, click here. For more details about the I Am Ali Festival, please visit https://alicenter.org/i-am-ali-festival/
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth