Build a Board: Making Friends at Facebook
Foster Love - Together We Rise is lucky to have charitable partnerships and friends all over the nation. Over the years we have made friends on Facebook. Now we can say that we have made some friends at Facebook through our build a board event.
On September 16th, we visited Facebook’s Headquarters in Menlo Park, California to work on a service project. Together we assembled 400 skateboards and 200 duffle bags at their corporate philanthropy event.
Because Facebook is hip, the event started with a happy hour. During that time there were service projects as optional team building activities. Luckily the guests were excited to work together and improve the lives of kids in foster care. At first, it took a while to assemble all the skateboards. Once the volunteers got the hang of it, the boards were put together in no time.
At the end of the event, we loaded up the huge collection of skateboards and duffle bags to donate to the Kinship, Adoptive & Foster Parent Association (KAFPA) in San Jose. KAFPA is one of our favorite foster agency partners to work with.
Overall, the event was a complete success. We’d be overjoyed to share this team bonding experience again with all our friends at Facebook.
If you’d like to get involved in your local community and want to learn more about Build a Board team building, click here, and to learn more about Sweet Cases, click here. For more details about other team-building events in California, click here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth