Day 4: Texas Shaped Waffles & Dancing
After the rough night, we needed some southern hospitality so we we packed up and headed to Texas.
With a somewhat smooth ride, we finally arrived in El Paso. We arrived at our hotel and sat down to Texas shaped waffles and smiling strangers.
They say everything is bigger in Texas, so we set out to do it big and have a good time with the teens of Texas! We can definitely say the dance moves are bigger with our intern Ricquel leading the way in the YMCA and cha cha slide.
We held the event at the local CPS office and boy, were they one of a kind. They had a DJ, food, and refreshments waiting for us and the kids. They were some of the most genuine social workers that we have met on this trip and we look forward to working with them again.
In between the dancing and shopping, we met a young boy turning 14. All he wanted was a Dallas Cowboys hat. Weren’t we excited when we knew we had an awesome New Era Dallas Cowboys hat!
We are thankful for our sponsors but this day we were especially thankful for New Era and their contributions to this tour. Not only did we grant this boy’s birthday wish but we got to witness the countless grins of these teen boys seeing their favorite team hat and actually getting to take it home.
There’s nothing like waffles, birthday wishes, and dancing so thanks El Paso for making the problems of the road fade away and fun memories settle in.
Check out our video of the event here!
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth