Day 8: Dreams, Hot Dogs, and Helping
It may have been hot and humid but this stop truly was special due to the volunteers and followers of Foster Love - Together We Rise that came out and volunteered their time to help the foster youth in their community. One girl in particular, a former foster youth herself, came to help us throughout the event. Not only did she touch our hearts by just showing up but by actually knowing the foster youth participating in the event from sharing group homes and foster parents.
We are also grateful for our loyal volunteers who show up whenever we come to their neck of the woods. We had other volunteers who lived within 2 hours of the event and still decided they wouldn’t miss it and came out to help!
This stop was a heartfelt and humbling experience. Just because these children are in foster care, they are not alone and their current situation does not dictate their future.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth