El Paso Shopping Spree for Foster Care Support
Shopping sprees are a blast but they’re even better when they’re going towards foster care support! Last weekend we kept the holiday cheer going with our fifth shopping spree in El Paso, Texas. We brought 70 foster youth to Rue21 to shop ‘til they dropped with $100 shopping sprees!
We had 30 volunteers from around the area to help this philanthropy event come to life. For some families, money can be tight around the holidays. This is especially true in group homes, as there are often lots of kids to buy presents for. Foster youth from all over El Paso participated in the shopping spree, including teens from group homes. We gave these kids the opportunity to buy exactly what they want rather than getting donated items or hand-me-downs. Rue21 also gave each child a 40% discount, so they basically got to spend $160 on clothes and presents! Every kid left with huge smiles and bags full of brand-new clothes, and we left with smiles too.
Special thanks to 4Kids of South Texas, Upbring Foster in Texas, CASA of El Paso, A World for Children, and Rue21 for partnering with us for this charity event. It was an incredible experience and we can’t wait to do it again in New York and Florida!
To learn more about how Foster Love - Together We Rise contributes towards foster care support and how you can make an impact in your communities, visit https://www.togetherwerise.org/volunteer-opportunities/
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth