Foster Care Volunteering and Running for Youth
Today, our awesome running team participated in foster care volunteering and gave us some great news from their race this weekend at Knott’s Coaster Run. Below is a snippet we got from one of our runners:
“Thank you to everyone that participated today in the Knott’s Coaster Run! Jose came in first in his age division after having run the LA marathon last week! Brianna 1st overall/age division for 10k and I 2nd overall 1st age division for 10k. Thanks again to Felicia for stepping in and covering the booth while we were off and running and Maria Monroy, her sister and Richard for joining us in the race.” – Sharon
Join us as we run to fundraise for youth who emancipate out of foster care and age out.
Foster Love - Together We Rise serves over 1000 children and youth in collaboration with foster care agencies such as McKinley Children’s Center. As youth age out of the child welfare system, resources are scarce. We recognize that these kids need all the support they can get. We need to do more and be the ones who reach out the helping hand.
You can do more by donating, or by running to raise funds for emancipated youth who need assistance with a scholarship to assist with transportation, living, or educational expenses.
Join us in continuing to serve young adults in hopes of preventing homelessness as they gain and maintain self-sufficiency with our help.
Your support means the world to those we serve. To find out more about how to give back to your community while supporting kids and youth in foster care, you can follow the link and find out how to help here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth