FAQ For Disney Days 2019
To help answer your questions here is the FAQ for Disney Days 2019!
Q. When is Disney Days?
A. At the end of September. To protect the children attending Disney Days the dates and time of the event are closed.
Q. Does Foster Love - Together We Rise Pick the Siblings that Attend?
A. No. Foster Love - Together We Rise is an indirect provider of support.? This means that we do not directly choose any of the children who attend Disney Days.
Q. How are the children selected?
A. Because of logistics, we select a few local foster agencies who can invite the children they help. These partner agencies have personal relationships with the children they care for and support our mission to help them. ?
Q. Does Disney Donate to Disney Days?
A. Disney is not a current sponsor. Their staff does work with us to ensure that we can maneuver our dollies full of food and snacks to and from the meeting area safely. We greatly appreciate all of the cast members!
Q. How Did Disney Days Start?
A. Seven years ago our founder Danny decided to take some kids in foster care to Disneyland for his birthday. Rather than accepting gifts, his friends helped him fundraise and donate towards the first unofficial Disney Days.
Q. Can I volunteer?
A. We’d love your help! This year’s Disney Days has solidified its volunteers’ list. However, we are always in need of help. You can help us by sharing a Disney Days post, volunteering at an in-house event, or donating to the event.
We open volunteer applications for the following year in late spring. To stay informed, signup for our newsletter.
Going into Disney Days we appreciate everyone’s enthusiasm and support. It is always exciting when children in foster care are receiving the support they need. If you have additional question regarding Disney Days please contact us.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth