Feel Good Friday- Help Celebrate Nico’s Gotcha Day
It is Feel Good Friday and there is a lot to be grateful for. Today we ask you to help us celebrate Nico’s Gotcha Day! You may be wondering, what is a “Gotcha Day?”
Well, that my friends, depends on who you ask. Many people view it as the day you meet your adoptive child or pet. So for the purpose of this story, we will define Gotcha Day as the day when a child’s adoption is official. It is a joyous occasion that marks a new chapter and acknowledges the gift of love and family.
Nico was in the hospital when his new parents received a call that a baby boy needed a home. Amanda and John, Nico’s new parents, went into the foster care placement without much information and weren’t sure how long they would be his caregivers. They just knew that they were able to provide a safe and loving home for however long Nico needed.
At the time we didn’t know we would be adopting him. It was sad, it was joyful, all at the same time. We knew how much this baby had gone through and you knew…I knew, in my heart what I could do for him. – John, Nico’s Dad
Growing a Family
Growing a family through foster care can be an overwhelmingly complicated process. Many foster care adoptions take years, for Nico, he has been in his family care since birth with the adoption finalizing after his 3rd birthday. Mom Amanda shares,
My parents set this wonderful example with fostering and so now my siblings and I…a lot of us have done foster care and adoption too. -Amanda, Nico’s Mom
A Look At Nico’s Gotcha Day
Congratulation on Your Forever Family, Nico!
It brings us so much joy to see the power of love in action.
If you’d like to share your “Feel Good Friday” story please email us at email@example.com or contact us here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth