Suitcases for Foster Kids: Simplicity Bank
On Saturday, January 11th, TWR had the opportunity to partner with Simplicity Bank to build Sweet Cases for a local foster home and donate suitcases for foster kids. The event took place at the TWR headquarters in Brea, CA with 20 Simplicity Bank employees. Some of the employees also bought their children along to help! This was a great opportunity for the parents and children to bond by helping out foster kids together. Everyone had a good time being creative in decorating the Sweet Cases. The volunteers also enjoyed writing personalized notes of encouragement to the child that will receive the Sweet Case.
Sweet Cases is one of the programs that TWR has created to help foster kids with their transitions. Often foster kids are given little to no warning for when they will be moving from home to home. The goal of Sweet Cases is to provide adequate traveling equipment for foster kids. Instead of a garbage bag, we offer a duffle bag filled with a few items that help make the transition easier for the child. Thanks to Simplicity Bank, we were able to assemble more of these Cases.
The Simplicity Bank volunteers have been loyal partners to TWR. They have shown their loyalty through continued participation in events like our shopping sprees and holiday giving events. Simplicity Bank seeks to make a difference in their community by coming alongside organizations like TWR. Thanks to their partnership we have been able to continue to support local foster kids. With the help of great partners like Simplicity Bank, we are continuing to improve the way children navigate through the foster care system!
To learn more about TWR programs such as Sweet Cases where we decorate duffle bags and suitcases for foster kids and fill it with comfort items, visit https://www.togetherwerise.org/team-building/sweet-cases/
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth