Giving Back Boxes are Here!
Giving Back Boxes are here again! Some of you may be familiar with a Foster Love - Together We Rise tradition, the Giving Back Box. It is a simple way for people to get involved and give back to children in foster care.
How Does it Work?
The Giving Back Box, also know as GBB, started a few years ago. The Foster Love - Together We Rise team was looking for a way to get more people involved with help kids in care during the holidays. The way GBB’s work, is that it allows people to sponsor an all-inclusive kit to help give back. They can do everything from home and donate directly to kids in care within their community.
The first GBB program started with our Sweet Case program, then we added Birthday Boxes and the Superhero Box. It created a fun, simple way, to get more people helping kids.
Giving Back Box 2020
Because of COVID, our GBB program has shifted a bit. So this year people can sponsor a Safer at Home version of the Sweet Case Giving Back Box or a classic Birthday Box kit.
We decided to include a Safer at Home version so that families and groups can still sponsor the program but not have to worry about the drop off portion. For those living in areas where COVID restrictions are not as strict, the Birthday Box kit comes with everything you need to complete the project.
Be a Do-Gooder
What is nice about the GBB program is that anyone can help. Your sponsorship goes directly to the cost of the service project and the items stay in your area. It is a great and simple way of doing good this holiday season.
Click HERE to learn more about the Giving Back Box and how you can sponsor one today.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth