Instagram has a New Favorite Family
Instagram has a new favorite family for you to follow and they are beyond cute. Meet Luca Tranpanese, 41 and his daughter through adoption Alba. Their lives changed forever in July of 2017 when they said yes to their new family together.
A Rough Start for Our Favorite Family
Luca and Alba, a baby with Down’s Syndrome, have received praise across social media. Rejected by 20 families both a month old, Alba and Luca redefine views on traditional families. Luca is a long-time advocate for people living with disabilities. Even starting a charity dedicated to supporting people with disabilities with his ex-boyfriend.
Italy ‘s strict laws do not allow single people to adopt unless under exstrenuous circumstances. “I was told that I’d only be given a child with an illness, a severe disability or with behavioral problems,” he told the BBC. “I was absolutely ok with that.”
Luca and Alba eventually match up. At only 30 days old Alba entered Luca’s life. “When I first held her in my arms, I was overcome with joy. I felt she was my daughter straight away.”
Thanks to Instagram, the world gets to gleam into the cuteness. Photos of the pair brushing teeth, playing in the park and just enjoying being together. The pair is breaking many traditional views of fatherhood and what a family looks like.
In Conclusion, we are grateful to hear about families like Luca and Alba. The only right way to have a family is to make sure there is love. For more on Luca and Alba, check out their Instagram (which is where the photos are from). Also, check out the podcast from the BBC to hear about Luca’s book and changes being made in Italy.
For those in the process of fostering to adopt, check out our Framing Forever program for a free photography session.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth