Volunteer with Foster Youth: JetBlue Sweet Cases
With TWR’s help, JetBlue employees in Salt Lake City, Utah assembled 225 Sweet Cases in a totally unique way. Teams played games to win specific items, like pillow pets, crayons and hygiene kits. After collecting items, they carried them around in trash bags to mirror a typical foster child’s experience. Most states provide only a black plastic bag for foster youth to transport their few treasured belongings. TWR’s goal is to replace these trash bags with our Sweet Cases to help ease the trauma that can occur when a child is taken from their home. JetBlue saw the need for these Sweet Cases and asked to be a part of TWR’s mission to volunteer with foster youth and to ease the transition of children navigating the system.
After their exercise, JetBlue employees decorated each duffel bag filled the bags and distributed them to foster kids in their community. JetBlue also invited Utah’s Division of Child and Family Services to speak about Utah’s foster care system. They explained how the system operates and encouraging community involvement.
JetBlue donated all 225 Sweet Cases to children in foster care in Salt Lake City. In addition, JetBlue has helped TWR reach over 73 cities in 23 different states with over 2,000 Sweet Cases. Thank you JetBlue for getting involved and helping change the lives of foster children in your community! We can’t do this without the help of our partners, especially JetBlue.
If you’re interested in more opportunities to volunteer with foster youth, feel free to learn about it at https://www.togetherwerise.org/volunteer-opportunities/
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth