June Bags Wrap Up
Here is the June Bags update you’ve been waiting for. June Bags was a great success. We are so thankful to everyone who sponsored shipping. It is amazing how much can be done when a group of people comes together.
In Case You Were Wondering
This June we asked our fans, friends, and family to help cover the cost of shipping for 25k duffle bags. Due to the COVID outbreak, it has been more difficult getting duffle bags to kids in care. This effort helped move needed duffles to children entering the system nationwide.
How Sweet Case Duffle Bags Help
With our June Bags campaign, we reached out to our foster agency partners to ask what their current needs are. In less than 24 hours we received more than enough requests to ship out the 25k duffle bags. Here is what one of our partners said about receiving the duffle bags.
“Hey just want to thank you so much for the duffle bags! We have 64 boys here, most of them in the foster care system, who are transitioning out of here constantly. Those bags will be a blessing to those kids as they move their clothing and belongings. Thank you again, just really a cool day when they came in!” -Jeff, Tulsa Boys’ Home
In conclusion, we want to thank everyone for helping with the June Bags campaign. It is imperative for Foster Love - Together We Rise to have supports like you. People who are willing to help foster youth in all of the ways necessary. People who know that the needs of the foster community are large and ever-changing.
While we are still living through this pandemic it is hard to collect the resources and distribute them to foster youth and their families. We are grateful for your commitment to the cause, especially during these uncertain times. Thank you.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth