TWR takes 75 foster youth to Disneyland & Kohl’s builds Sweet Cases!
Foster Love - Together We Rise knows how to do birthday bashes right! Birthday Boy Danny Mendoza, founder of Foster Love - Together We Rise, recently faced a very peculiar quandary compared to most young adults in preparation for his birthday- to bike or go to Anaheim, CA- Disney. TWR asked our Facebook supporters and their diplomatic votes expressed their near consensus in taking 75 children to Disneyland. Many of them commented that the experience would be more memorable. But the fun didn’t stop there! Danny also wanted to make sure to stuff the duffle for kids in foster care!
In honor of our founder’s birthday, Kohl’s donated its staff members to volunteer and assemble 30 sweet cases. Kohl’s proved its tagline “expect great things” true when its volunteers were able to create great Disney-themed caricatures for our duffel bags. The duffel bags include hygiene kits, blankets, pillow pets, a hand-written note, and for a child’s artistic endeavors, a coloring book with crayons.
Our volunteers stuff the duffle bags with a spoonful of love, a hint of hope, and a pocketful of sunshine. They want every foster child to feel comforted as they pack their belongings and move into a new home. These bags can make a world of difference to the many foster children who are forced to lead mobile lifestyles. It provides them with a tangible reminder that they are not invisible or forgotten.
TWR appreciates it when corporations like Kohl’s put business aside and volunteer their time to make a difference in their community. It warms our hearts to see so many people invested to help foster children. Danny thinks that this was perhaps the best birthday gift to date!
To learn more about our programs such as the Sweet Cases and other ways you can help out in your local community, visit https://www.togetherwerise.org/teambuilding-for-good/
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth