Love Makes a Family: Support Foster Families
Valentine’s Day is typically seen as a romantic holiday. A day full of chocolates, roses, and time spent with that special someone. While Foster Love - Together We Rise focuses on helping foster youth, we believe in the transversal properties of helping foster parents. This Valentine’s Day, we are showing our support for foster families through our Love Makes a Family campaign. We are raising money to make gift baskets for foster families to enjoy some time together.
Why You Should Support Foster Families
Often people are under the misconception that all foster families get government support. There is truth to that but the type of support varies. Most states work on a reimbursement system that never fully covers the costs of raising a child. Foster parents really do this work because of their love for children and the community.
One of the subsequent benefits of our programs is that they help support foster families and the ways they can care for kids. We didn’t make our bike build program to shame foster parents for not buying bikes. The program helps support the parents by covering the cost while being a great childhood gift.
We are always in awe of the work foster parents do. They are on the frontline ensuring kids are safe, cared for, and loved. So this Valentine’s Day we ask you to join us in supporting foster families. We are raising money to make gift baskets for foster families. If you are able to make a donation, those of $40 dollars or more will get a limited edition Love Makes a Family tumbler. For those in the Brea, CA we are hosting a volunteer event on the morning of Saturday, February 8th. Sign up here to volunteer.
To learn more about the Love Makes a Family campaign, visit our website here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth