Macy’s Brea: Volunteering to Help Kids
Macy’s Brea is volunteering to help kids in foster care. For the last several months Macy’s Brea has increased its initiative to help Foster Love - Together We Rise on several fronts.
A 10k Donation
Macy’s at the Brea Mall partnered with TWR to provide $10,000 in support. With that donation, they are supporting three TWR initiatives.
The first installment of $2,000 goes towards our Sweet Cases. Sweet Cases are duffle bags with comfort items for kids in foster care. The second donation of $5,000 is to help our bike build program.
Lastly, $2,000 of the donation is going towards a back-t0-school shopping spree to 10 teens in foster care.
Kicking Off the Partnership
To kick off this new and exciting partnership, Macy’s employees gathered to decorate and stuff 40 Sweet Cases for kids in foster care. Macy’s hosted the event during store hours so customers could see them decorate and assemble the Sweet Cases.
A few days later, Macy’s hosted 10 foster youth from Orangewood Children’s Center on a shopping spree. Each teen spent $200 on a new wardrobe, with the help of a personal stylist/shopper. One Orangewood staff said, “this is an amazing opportunity for our teens as they head back into the school season.”
We are so thankful to have partners like Macy’s Brea whose volunteering to help kids in foster care is a priority. These events together are powerful and make a lasting impact on not only the children but the volunteers.
One Macy’s employee stated, “This is the best event I’ve been a part of during my time here at Macy’s. I am so thankful for this opportunity to give back to our community.”
We look forward to continuing our partnership with Macy’s to help even more youth experiencing the foster care system. For those interested in volunteering to help kids in foster care. Please contact us here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth