How To Get Involved During National Volunteer Month 2022
April is National Volunteer Month! There are plenty of ways to get involved and help celebrate the importance of volunteering. Whether you’re looking to lend a hand in your community or want to participate in a virtual volunteer opportunity from home. There’s something for everyone! Find an opportunity that matches your interests and skills. You can make a big difference in the lives of others and you might even discover a new passion or talent along the way!
This month is also a great time to show your appreciation for all of the amazing volunteers out there who make a huge difference in the lives of others. Their volunteer service plays an important role in our communities. Here are three ways you can celebrate National Volunteer Month!
Volunteer With an Organization
First thing is first, volunteering with an organization is a great way to make a positive impact in your community and is a rewarding experience that offers many personal benefits. Finding a cause you feel passionate about and taking time to volunteer can help you find your sense of purpose in the world and meet new people with similar interests! It also offers many mental and physical health benefits such as reducing stress and doing activities that help keep you active.
When we think of volunteering, we get an image of going to an in-person event and doing hands-on activities. But did you know that there are different types of volunteering opportunities? So with the rise in technology, many organizations are turning to virtual volunteering. This offers a more flexible option of volunteering that can be done from anywhere and in the comfort of your home! Consider doing a virtual service project with Foster Love - Together We Rise. Sponsor a Sweet Case and have fun decorating a duffle bag panel for a child in foster care!
Plan a Fundraising Event
There are so many creative ways to raise money for a good cause! Plan a fundraising event by combining it with some of your favorite activities. Get your friends and community involved! Here are some fun ideas for fundraising:
- Do you enjoy entertaining at your house with friends? Turn it into a fundraising event! Send out invites to friends and family with a note asking to donate to a cause with a brief description about the cause. Decorate a shoebox with a slit on top for cash donations and put it on display at the party!
- Get your family involved! Set up a lemonade stand with your kids. They’ll have a fun time selling lemonade and learn about community service.
- Host a fundraising garage sale with your neighbors! Donate proceeds from the garage sale and clean out your cluttered garage!
Celebrate Volunteering on Social Media
There are many ways you can use social media to celebrate volunteering and help spread awareness. Here are some ideas to get volunteering trending:
- Talk about your favorite cause and what volunteering means for you. Include pictures from events where you and other volunteers have helped make a difference at an event!
- Organizations are always posting events on social media to try and get more people to help. Share those events and let people know that you’ll be attending them. You might just help inspire your friends to attend the next volunteer event.
- Do you know a family member or friend who actively volunteers? You can show appreciation for their volunteering by posting a shout-out on social media and letting them know how thankful you are for their hard work and community service.
Don’t forget to use the hashtag #NationalVolunteerMonth!
Thanks For Volunteering!
So this April, take some time to give back and volunteer with one of your favorite causes. Not sure where to start? Consider volunteering with Foster Love - Together We Rise during National Volunteer Month!
We are a nonprofit transforming the way kids experience foster care. Our volunteers help make a difference in the lives of children in foster care nationwide through programs such as Rise Clothing Vault and Bike Building. We would love for you to join us!
Foster Love - Together We Rise would like to thank our wonderful volunteers! Thank you for all your dedication and hard work in bringing a smile to children’s faces and helping to transform their experience in foster care! It wouldn’t be possible without you!
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth