NFL Players Volunteering to Help Kids and Teaches Them Football
Hut, hut, hike! This weekend, TWR teamed up with NFL’s, New York Giants player, Terrell Thomas to raise money for local foster kids. Terrell, along with Keith Rivers (NY Giants), Orlando Scandrick (Dallas Cowboys), and William Blackmon (Seattle Seahawks) ran a football camp to teach young athletes drills while incorporating the power of teamwork and dedication. Them volunteering to help kids couldn’t have made the children smile more!
New York Giants Defensive Back Terrell Thomas invited foster kids to participate in his football camp held at Chaffey College in Rancho Cucamonga, CA. He also donated proceeds from the workshop to TWR! Activities emphasized technical skills and sportsmanship and were a great opportunity to mess around and have fun.
Thomas, known as T2, is a local boy who’s become a high-profile athlete. Originally from Pomona, he played for Rancho Cucamonga High School, USC, and joined the New York Giants in 2008. Thomas has remained grounded by helping various charity associations, including the Boys and Girls Club and Tomorrow’s Children’s Fund.
Generous professional athletes like T2 are great role models for kids who may lack positive adult figures in their lives.
We’d like to thank Thomas for showing the kids a great time, teaching lessons, and creating memories that will last even off the field and for volunteering to help kids.
If you’re interested in learning more about Foster Love - Together We Rise’s volunteer opportunities or you wish to help out your local community, feel free to reach out to us at https://www.togetherwerise.org/volunteer-opportunities/
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth