Day 11: Old and New Friends In Ohio
We left the 313 (Detroit) and headed through the corn fields to our 11th stop Columbus, Ohio. Ohio feels like a second home to us because of the support from our friends at the Dave Thomas Foundation. A shout out to them for letting us ship some boxes filled with clothes to their office.
The Dave Thomas Foundation is an amazing organization that help children across the United States find their forever family. The Dave Thomas Foundation has been amazing to us and have supporting us through many events including being a HUGE sponsor for our Adoption Festival we hold in November. If you want to learn more about becoming a foster parent or adopting you can visit them at www.davethomasfoundation.org
We also are thankful to our interns who stuck with us even after their internship ended. So a special thank you to our forever friend, Shannon Ball, for being a continuous TWR supporter even after your internship.
This tour wouldn’t have been possible if it wouldn’t have been for the hard work and long nights our current interns have put in organizing this tour. For their amazing efforts we applaud them and can’t thank them enough for their hard work. Also, a big thank you to the friendly staff at Franklin County Children Services for hosting the event venue.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth