Volunteering with Foster Children- SafeLite
On Tuesday, April 23rd the employees at SafeLite Auto Glass came together with Foster Love - Together We Rise. They participated in a fun-filled Bike Build event to be volunteering with foster children in the Ontario area. SafeLite not only purchased 7 new bicycles but the employees came together to build them. It was an exciting event! We divided the employees into teams; this lit the competitive spirit to see which team could build the bikes faster. Events like Bike Build not only contribute positively to foster youth but they enhance the work environment. It offers an opportunity for employees to learn more about one another, many at the event learned more about the foster care system. One of the SafeLite employees shared their parents adopted his siblings from foster care.
Imagine your regular day-to-day job and the routine of it all. Events like Bike Build not only raise awareness and contribute to foster kids but you learn more about who you spend the majority of your time with. You become a team instead of co-workers. Bike Build provides youth who are preparing to transition out of the foster care system and the children who need a little normalcy and fun in their lives. The youth that grow out of the foster care system transportation and the contribution that SafeLite made will make a great difference.
We would like to thank the SafeLite employees for participating. It goes without saying that the children appreciate it! If you are interested in having your company participate with us learn how volunteering with foster children in your community works: https://www.togetherwerise.org/teambuilding-for-good/
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth