Superhero Boxes Have Landed
Foster Love - Together We Rise is excited to announce the release of our latest program, Superhero Boxes. Together, with the launch of the Superhero Box, we’d like all children in foster care to feel supported and empowered.
- According to Speakupnow.org 25% of foster children experience PTSD. A rate comparable to that of U.S. war veterans, both groups tend to suffer high rates of debilitating depression and low self-esteem.
- The National Institute of Mental Health reports that 48% of children in foster care have been found to have emotional or behavior problems. (https://tofosterchange.org/
- According to a study conducted by Kristin Turney, PhDa and Christopher Wildeman, Ph.D., published on pediatrics.aappublications.
org, 14.2% of children in foster care suffer from depression and anxiety in comparison to 2% of children who are not in foster care.
When you think about it, there is a trend amongst superheroes. Think of the backstories of Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Black Widow, Storm, Luke Skywalk, Scarlet Witch, and Harry Potter. All orphaned or separated from their parents and despite their personal strife, they find the strength to do good. Despite their adversity, heroes overcome personal struggles with identity and self-esteem to discover the amazing power within themselves.
How We Help
Superhero Boxes will help children in foster care:
Making children feel S.U.P.E.R.
With our new Superhero Box, we provide hope and encouragement to kids as they navigate the foster system. It is important to feel like people are rooting for you.
So, when they receive this box we’d like to envision the joy and excitement it will bring. We’d like to think of them playing as their own individual superhero, cape flying in the wind. Children pretending to have their own unique superpowers, saving the world.
In conclusion, if you want to help by sponsoring a Superhero Box build, contact us here.
“Hero’s are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with,” Iron Man.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth