Sweet Cases Service Project with Amgen
Indianapolis, Indiana is home to the world’s largest racetrack, as well as some of the world’s largest team building activities! The Foster Love - Together We Rise team shifted into overdrive when we partnered with Amgen for a massive service project at Punch Bowl Social in Indianapolis.
Over 600 Amgen employees volunteered to help improve the lives of kids in foster care, and we can’t thank them enough for their support! Together, they decorated more than 350 Sweet Cases, which are duffle bags full of comfort items for foster youth. We provided them with pastels of all colors, so they used their artistic skills to decorate each duffle bag in their own unique way. Some volunteers shared Sweet Cases, building teamwork and helping people get to know each other! Even with this many employees, everyone got a chance to connect with one another.
After all the duffle bags were colored, we stuffed each one with a blanket, stuffed animal, coloring book, crayons, and a hygiene kit. All these items help kids navigate the foster care system by giving them something of their own. It was beautiful to see so many friendships blossom while making a difference in the community at the same time!
With so many Sweet Cases, we needed everyone’s help to put them together, and they all did a fantastic job! We loved working with Amgen’s enthusiastic employees! We would love to partner with them for another service project in the future! Our jokes might be cornier than Indiana cornfields, but overall, the team-building event was a-MAIZE-ing!
If you would like to learn more about our Sweet Cases program or make an impact in your community, visit https://www.togetherwerise.org/team-building/sweet-cases/
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth