Together We Rise Attends 2021 BrandSource Conference
Foster Love - Together We Rise received an invitation from BrandSource to attend the 2021 Double Down Conference. The TWR team met with patrons from across the nation looking to serve the local foster care community.
During the conference, we had the pleasure of speaking with attendees about their personal connections to foster care and adoption. With over 430,000 youth in care, it’s not surprising that foster youth touch the lives of many.
Attendees Champion Behind BrandSource to Give Back
Thanks to BrandSource vendors including Beko, Electrolux, GE Appliances, Miele, Samsung, Serta Simmons, Tempur Sealy, and Whirlpool we raffled off a brand new Jeep Wrangler.
The generosity continued when GE presented us with a check for $10,000. In addition, members showed support through apparel purchases at our booth.
Through these fundraisers we were able to raise over $160,000, all to support our programs and the youth we serve. In attendance was a recipient of our Family Fellowship Program- a scholarship program aimed at providing wrap-around services to aged-out foster youth seeking to pursue higher education.
Since the inception of our partnership, BrandSource has been an advocate in supporting older youth who age out of the foster care system. 20% of youth who leave the system will become homeless within the first year of exiting. It was incredibly meaningful to have one of our students there as a testament to the type of support BrandSource is able to provide.
In conclusion, we’d like to thank BrandSource for partnering with Foster Love - Together We Rise. Your generosity and commitment to supporting youth in foster care helps to propel our mission forward. We are excited to continue this partnership and work alongside all BrandSource members to create meaningful impacts in their local communities.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth