TWR Celebrates Through Birthday Boxes for Foster Care!
Imagine it’s your birthday. You wake up excited, but there’s no cake, ice cream or presents. No one even remembers or acknowledges your special day. While this seems far-fetched for most of us, it’s a reality for too many children in foster care. Without a party, birthdays just aren’t quite as fun. While we here at TWR wish that we could celebrate every foster kid’s birthday with them, we did the next best thing: we made a party in a box! Our festive volunteers filled and wrapped 100 extra special birthday boxes for foster care, including candy, party supplies and $5 Baskin Robbins cards. Many thanks to all the amazing helpers who made the fun possible.
“Birthdays are nature’s way of telling you to eat more cake.” Jo Brand
If you are interested in becoming a TWR volunteer in Austin, TX please sign up for our volunteer newsletter:
We would love to have you as a part of our team! We do have the best volunteers around.. just saying…
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth