Team Build Volunteer Helping Kids with Grainger
Here in California, we have a lot of different terrains: beaches, deserts, and mountains. Just to name a few. It’s always nice to have the opportunity to visit someplace new. Especially when it is to help with a team-building service project. We were happy to visit Grainger at their campus on the plains of Lake Forest, Illinois. We helped them volunteer, helping kids and assembling 100 bikes for a charity team building event.
With our Bike Buildprogram, participants work together to build bikes for kids in foster care. The top-performing leaders of Grainger from all over the country came in to support foster children. They were all excited to volunteer to build bikes for the event.
Grainger sponsored 50 child bikes and 50 teen bikes. Each of the 100 volunteers got to build one with the help of their teammates. Though it was a bit chaotic with so many people and bikes all over the place. Everyone enjoyed learning how to put them together, which helped them build bikes in record time!
Grainger donated all 100 bikes to CASA of Lake Forest, Illinois. Each one of them going to a foster child in need. We can’t thank Grainger enough for inviting us to their office to help with this team building activity, and we can’t wait to go back the next time they host another service project like this one.
If you’d like to volunteer helping kids and get involved in your local community and want to learn more about Bike Build team building, click here. For more details about other team-building events in Illinois, click here.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth