Volunteering with Foster Youth with AIG
We love spreading the #fosterlove everywhere we go! This time we were thrilled when our friends at AIG reached out to us to host a charity team building activity at their office in New York City. We headed to the “Big Apple” for a couple of fun-fueled days building bikes and volunteering with foster youth!
After we set up the staging area, numerous AIG volunteers went to work right away. While it was challenging, they worked together and ended up building 50 bikes for foster kids in New York! Each employee felt empowered and humbled knowing that the bikes would bring joy to a foster child. “Such great camaraderie across the board. People were having fun, they were helping each other out. Really a great team-building exercise,” said Kiran Kaur at AIG.
During the team building activity, we were able to help educate and inform volunteers about foster care. “Through the sweat and tire marks, we were all elated to deliver each bike to it’s loving home in the arms of a foster child.” As a result of this corporate service project, 50 foster kids in New York will be impacted by this team’s service. So thank you to AIG for joining us to help better the lives of children in foster care!
If you’d like to get involved in your local community and want to learn more about Bike Build team building, click here. For more details about other service projects in New York, click here and get started volunteering with foster youth.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth