Why is Social Responsibility Important?
Why is social responsibility important? Well, there are several obvious reasons, breaking monotony, lifting spirits, cultivating friendship.
But the most important reason is to increase positive culture within an organization. Just think about it. People spend more time at work than with their families!!! The 40-hour workweek is almost a thing of the past. So creating strong relationships with co-workers is important.
This week we spent some time with some of our favorite people. The folks from the Walt Disney Company and their social responsibility team. Yay!
What Does Social Responsibility Mean to The Walt Disney Company?
Besides having one of the most notable characters in the world. The Walt Disney Company has a long history of philanthropy. They do great works across the nation and focus on children’s causes. Their mission states,
To be an honorable company that delivers comfort to those in need and inspiration and opportunity to those who want to improve their world.
They have several initiatives to help execute their corporate and social responsibility efforts.
Through contributions, collaborating with nonprofit organizations, in-kind gifts, and employee volunteerism, Disney brings positive, lasting change to communities around the world.
The Walt Disney Social Responsibility Summit
A Memorable Day
we’re excited to have Foster Love - Together We Rise attend this event and to introduce their wonderful programs to Disney’s other regions and Social Responsibility teams.
Disney VoluntEARS have helped with several teams builds including Sweet Cases, Build-R-Bike, Build-A-Board, and Birthday Boxes. Every team build is a delight. We can’t wait to see them in the near future.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth