JetBlue is Helping Foster Youth with Travel
JetBlue is helping foster youth with travel home during the COVID-19/Coronavirus outbreak. To help reduce the spread of COVID-19 college campuses nationwide have closed. This includes closing dorms and student housing. Sadly, this is impacting students who are former foster youth.
How JetBlue is Helping Foster Youth
There are several adverse ramifications to college students leaving their dorms. Not only have they lost their homes but also the money invested in that housing. Many students don’t have emergency funds for travel or places to go. JetBlue, a long time Foster Love - Together We Rise partner, reached out to us asking how they can help.
Right now, there is an immediate need to help displaced foster youth with housing. JetBlue is helping us sponsor the cost of flights needed to get these students to friends, family, or stable housing.
One Simple Way You Can Help
Thanks to JetBlue, students have their flights covered. Now we understand, we are living through uncertain times and the priority is your health and your family. But we are all in this life together. These foster youth don’t have a lot of the same support we often take for granted.
One of the simplest ways to help is to let others know about Foster Love - Together We Rise. Share our social posts and emails with others. We are working on ensuring that these students do not become homeless. So spread the word!
We have set up an emergency resources page. If you’d like to be involved, please check it out.
In conclusion, we are thankful for our partner JetBlue for stepping up. We are running on limited time and need to help a large population that is typically unseen. Please continue to share and talk about the efforts we are accomplishing together. We need to ensure that every foster youth that needs help has access to it.
Stay safe and continue to be good to one another.
- 7 Bonding Activities To Do With Your Foster Family
- What Happens to Pregnant Teens in Foster Care?
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- 5 FREE Things To Do While You’re Home
- 15 Things You Should Know Before Fostering
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Fostering in the Military System
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- 10 Students Selected for Foster Love's 2023 Family Fellowship Scholarship Program
- Empowering Futures: A Shopping Spree for College Foster Youth