Macy’s Supports Aged-Out Foster Youth
This past May during Foster Care Awareness Month Macy’s teamed up with Together We Rise to support six aged-out foster youth. The Del Amo Macy’s location in Torrance, CA hosted the students during a Saturday morning along with Together We Rise staff. Each student was able to shop with the help of a Macy’s personal stylist and purchase some essential household items such as pots and pans, bedsheets, and cooking utensils. Each student left with $1,250 worth of brand new items for their apartments!
I just wanted to reach out and say a big thank you to you and the TWR team! Today was such a great experience and something I’ll remember forever! TWR has always been great to my peers and I, so again thank you! – Jackie R., College Student
This collaboration is proof that when we support students with basic needs we empower them and give them the confidence they need to focus on their education. Youth who age out of the foster care system face staggering statistics when entering adulthood. With the support of companies like Macy’s, students are empowered to propel their education forward.
Thank you to Macy’s for this incredible opportunity to help aged-out foster youth. We are honored to work alongside a company that cares deeply about its community. If you are looking for ways to help kids in foster care join us here.
- Former Foster Youth Shares Her Experience as a Teen in Foster Care
- Former Foster Youth Finds A Kidney Donor In New Mom
- What Happens When Kids in Foster Care Turn 18?
- Our Friends at Sticker Mule
- Helping Children in Care…Because They Matter
- 7 Ways to Give Back to the Community
- Sweet Case 101
- Myths About Adoption & Foster Care
- How To Become a Foster Parent - The 5 Step Guide
- Disney Days at Walt Disney World Blog